What a spring, summer, and now fall it has been! We have either had tons of rain, lightening and thunder. Flooding, and all other issues stemming from too much rain.
It also played havoc with my health. The dampness is making me achy, sinus issues, can't throw off a cold, I can go on and on. Just making me feel awful, then I am not taking care of my blogging.
It was supposed to be sunny today, but so far, I haven't seen the sun!
Anyway, hubby is painting the family room. During the summer, with the heavy wind and rain, we had a leaky roof, which in turn, allow water to run into our fuse box, which destroyed everything, then we had to have an electrician in, beside the roofer. We needed to completely overhaul the electrical box and all the wiring, which was an expense we didn't count on! Well, that is all fixed, and now hubby had to redo the wall where the old box was, and we needed to repaint. He is going to make a nice shelf/cover for the box, and then I can put out the Blessed Mother again.
The color we decided on is from Behr, called Cottage White. I am just loving it. We had a nasty yellow originally on it, which I didn't like as soon as we put it on. I will get some pics when we are done.
We haven't really done anything exciting, just normal day to day stuff. I feel like I never have much to blog about.
The other night is was cooler. We had a nice fire in the firepit. I made coffee, and I defrosted an apple cake, and we enjoyed that!
Have a wonderful Friday my friends!


5 comments:
I like Behrs cottage white too. It is in my bedroom but I need to refresh it, its been years. It has been a rainy year . Your cake and coffee sound so delicious right now.
it seems like home repairs always come when you least expect them and they can be so expensive.
Hi Kathy, Happy Columbus Day. The weather here has been the same. I'm so looking forward to sunny Autumn days and no humidity or dampness. This weather has brought out the big black and brown spiders in my apartment. I have such a fear for them.
I love the Behrs cottage white color too. I could go for a piece of your apple cake with my coffee I'm dring right now. LOL! Have a day of blessings my friend.
Hi Kathy, thanks for the visit! I just updated my blog this morning. I used that same paint for my house and had an icky yellow too. Fresh paint makes things so much better. I love outside fires, but the smoke really bothers my sinuses. Your cake sounds good! Enjoy your week! Hugs
YES! Fall has been crazy in the same way here. It has been rainy, or super hot or even too cold. This is a nice week though in the 60's or low 70's. Have a nice week!
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Happy Thursday Kathy. Just dropped in to see what's new and hope you have a blessed day ahead dear friend.
Post a Comment