Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Tuesday 4, late but up!

 Welcome weather weary friends to another episode of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we challenge you to answer 4 questions on different subjects each week.

Maybe we could talk about the internet this week?  

It's all I could come up with as my mind is on hiatus right now.


1. When did the  home internet age enter your life? How much impact has it had?

Internet came into our home around 1996 I think.  At first it was wonderful, but it sure has taken over our privacy, our time.  I think the simpler times were better!

2. How powerful an influence if yourv phone?  For instance, do you feel guilty not answering when you are busy? Do you text back immediately? Does the phone own you? Do you friends feel they should be able to monopolize your time by demanding to know where you were when you didn't answer?  Is it intrusive or welcome?  I have a love/hate relationship with my cell.  I love that I can stay in touch with family living far away easily, but hate the texts, the anger when I don't answer immediately, the irritation when I don't respond to text immediately!!  Ugh!     

3. What places do you frequent on the net and by phone or PC etc.?  (pc.. personal computer , laptop, etc.)    I check Facebook, and I play a woodblock game on my cell.  My pc I use for doing my blog.  I have an IPad my kids bought me a few years ago, I play games on, and read my newspaper subscription on.   

I also check my email, and do Amazon ordering on my ipad.   

4.   Wikipedia is editable and biased  because anyone can edit the articles. Algorithms also determine what you can and cannot find on the interest.     So, how much stock do you place in it's information? 

I never use it now.  


On a happy note for me, here is a picture of our Olivia.   We can't believe she is 6 months old already!!







3 comments:

Deanna said...

She is a beautiful baby!!! What a precious bundle of joy. I enjoyed reading your answers. At first I was enthralled about the new toy, the computer and couldn't get enough of it. Researching information with its help has been amazing, but I tend to be on it way more than I should. Thankful I have access to the net. God bless and thank you for the prayers concerning my recent health issues. I appreciate the prayers. d

MELODY JACOB said...

Olivia is so cute, and I enjoy reading.
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/the-empress-of-melanin.html

annie said...

She is gorgeous! What a happy event a child is. They just make life so worth living.